K KAMOTA CAREER STATEMENT OF PURPOSE



KILIAN KAMOTA
CAREER STATEMENT OF PURPOSED 


Two things have been of utmost concern to me for several years; poverty in 3rd world countries and global political instability. I believe that leadership is paramount when it comes to economic development and the fight against poverty in 3rd world countries. If solutions can be identified for poor leadership, then a majority of problems facing these countries can begin to be addressed in a deliberate manner.

My concern about the increasing trend of political and social unrest across the globe is quite alarming. Continents including: Africa, Asia, South America, Middle East and Far East have the same recurring theme - socio-economic and political unrest. Early on, I had the desire to pursue a career in Diplomacy and International Relations in order to participate in global peacekeeping missions, negotiations and conflict resolutions.  Now, I have come to realize what’s really needed to alleviate poverty and bring sustainable peace, stability and prosperity throughout the globe. We need conscientious leaders, administrators and good governance to efficiently manage the vast amount of resources and thus mitigate income inequality and guarantee socio-economic stability. Majority of social, economic and political unrest originates from poverty and the fight for resources. In his 2005 book, The End of Poverty, Professor Jeff Sachs says these are issues we cannot continue to ignore anymore due to the intrinsic link between the rich and the poor. The destine of the rich and the poor are inherently linked and this became evident during the September 11th 2001 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington D.C.  Because of these concerning issues, I am committed to participate in the fight against poverty, and towards peace and stability in the world. I would like to do so by pursuing a career in non-profit organizations and government institutions.




I was born in Tanzania, East Africa in 1977 where I lived for the first 22 years of my life and have seen the atrocities of poverty, war and social unrest. These are not issues  I have heard or seen on the news. They are issues that I have experienced firsthand. My country, Tanzania, is a host to refugees from many of its neighboring countries including Somalia, Congo, Rwanda and Burundi. Poverty, war, and social unrest ruins people’s lives for generations and they are issues that must be addressed collectively in order to realize positive changes.

I acquired my Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Masters of Business Administration at the Walsh University in North Canton Ohio. When the time came to pursue my career the best match for me are non-profit organizations and government institutions. Majority of international NGO’s have gained a reputation for their dedication to service and excellence. It is my intention to work closely with them in order to transform our communities for better. I intend to provide leadership and serve with them in their missions of spreading peace and prosperity across the globe. True leadership has nothing to do with ones level or title in the organization. There are many individuals in the world who don’t hold leadership position, yet they are providing leadership all the time, just as there are many others who hold leadership position, and yet they are not providing much leadership at all.  I believe that neither politicians nor soldiers will bring an end to poverty and global instability but rather decision makers, resource managers and well educated administrators. I plan to become one of them and commit my career towards this cause.


                                                                   Refugees Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment